Based in Chantilly, Virginia with over thirty years of Northern Virginia experience, Olde Red General Contracting specializes in construction management for various commercial, industrial, hospitality, education, mixed-use and retail projects throughout Virginia. Olde Red also works with Evergreene, a residential home builder, in developing its construction management and development practices for all of its commercial and mixed-use projects in Northern Virginia and Harrisonburg.
Olde Red General Contracting, LLC brings the following attributes to each project:
- Local Roots – Local expertise and proximate location to the job site and owner’s.
- Relationship Oriented – Long-standing Construction Management + General Contractor experience, employee base and subcontractor relationships.
- Resourceful – We have access to resources that satisfy all financial, bonding and insurance requirements.
- Loyalty – A long history of well-established relationships with a variety of owners – Olde Red secures 95% of its work through negotiated, select bid or best value procurement, primarily with repeat clients.
- On-time Delivery – Olde Red is proud of its record of the successful delivery of challenging projects with demanding schedules. In its history and predecessor companies, the management teams at Olde Red have never been assessed liquidated damages for failure to timely complete a project.
- Owner Satisfaction – Olde Red works closely with Owners and architects to ensure open communication and project delivery within the established time-frame and within the approved budget.
- Value Engineering – Creative use of value engineering to create buildings that meet or exceed the minimal outline specifications and program requirements established by conceptual design package.
- Environmentally Progressive – A respect for the environment and a commitment to minimize the environmental impacts of construction and create a facility with a high level of energy efficiency.
- Experience – Proven experience with creating buildings that function cost effectively throughout the entirety of the building life cycle by utilizing energy efficient, cost saving products and methods and by providing a facility that does not require excessive maintenance costs over the building life.
- Commitment – Ownership in the form of senior management is involved in all of our projects. We communicate well, provide hands-on service and address issues quickly.
Leadership: About Bill Daffan
Since the early 1980’s, William (Bill) Daffan has operated as a general contractor, construction manager, and design builder. Under Bill’s leadership, R. Edward Daffan, Inc. helped design and build over $400M of commercial, institutional, and mixed-use developments in the Northern Virginia region. Bill serviced as AGC’s Northern VA President as well as the State Board of AGC throughout the 90’s. Bill Daffan successfully built up an average volume of construction of $26M dollars annually and was awarded the Inc. 5000 in 2007 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in the nation. R. Edward Daffan Inc. was ranked in the Top 100 Metal Building Dealers in the country.
At the end of 2007, R. Edward Daffan Inc. merged with The Branch Group, an ENR Top 400 company, and changed the name to R.E. Daffan Inc. In August of 2012, William Daffan retired from R. E. Daffan Inc. as the Vice-President of Sales and Marketing and started Olde Red General Contracting.